- Pyramid structure maximises the ratio of internal space to weight.
- Excellent standing room – you read that right, standing room!
- The 2Midable is adaptable. It can be pitched low and wide or high and narrow to fit your camp site and conditions.
- Steep wall architecture mitigates condensation.
- When set up as fly only – it shelters a group and gives space for two to sleep.
- The DAC central pole is telescopic and made from aluminium, with a 20 millimetre diameter giving structural integrity with minimal lateral flex during pitching.
- The pole can be adjusted at 50 millimetre increments: raise or lower the ‘Mid to find the perfect level of ventilation for every condition.
- Walking pole converter is included, allowing you to leave the tent pole at home for ultralight hiking.
- Fabric-welded seams for unparalleled build quality and durability.
- The 2Mid with Dyneema® uses a waterproof zip: brilliant for keeping you cosy and reducing weight.
- Fly doors can be rolled back completely to create a three-sided ‘Mid with uninterrupted views – chose your location carefully!
- Ventilation vents are steep, allowing maximum air flow but not wind-driven rain. Set to open for good air flow without hassle.
- Guy lines and lightweight adjusters are simple and effective, with reflective rope and storage pockets to keep things neat and tidy.
Weight (g)*: 380
Packed weight (g)^: 810
Intended use: ultralight (not recommended for outdoor education/guideing)
Capacity: one-person or group shelter
Vestibules: all-in-one pyramid shelter
Fly material: ultralight 12 g/m2 DCF (Dyneema composite fabric)
Pitch versatility: yes (fly only, fly and optional Bathtub Floor)
Pole: DAC telescopic aluminium centre pole
Collapsed pole length: 470 mm
Zips: #5 waterproof YKK
Pegs: 12 DAC J-Stakes
Stuff sack dimensions: 300 mm x 105 mm
Stuff sack compressed: 280 mm x 90 mm
*WEIGHT: FLY, ALL GUY LINES, WALKING POLE CONVERTER, 5 DAC J-STAKES
^ WEIGHT: FLY, ALL GUY LINES, WALKING POLE CONVERTER, POLE, 12 DAC J-STAKES, TENT BAG
Dyneema® combined with polyester film becomes Dyneema® composite fabric (DCF), which deftly balances ultra lightweight, and water resistance. We choose this ultralight 12 g/m2 fabric for maximum performance. Panels are joined together using complex fabric-welding techniques and As with all ultralight fabrics, DCF should be handled with care and respect.
DAC are world leaders in tent pole manufacturing. We use DAC poles because they are lightweight, tough and reliable – exactly you want in the field. Our ‘Mid series use a central, telescopic aluminium pole with a 20 millimetre diameter, giving structural integrity with minimal lateral flex during pitching. The pole is adjustable at 50 millimetre increments, and folds into four sections (470 mm long when folded) for easy packing.
ATTENTION TO ZIPS
We use a #5 YKK zip because they’re durable and long lasting. Zips of this size are less likely to get clogged with dirt, catch and snag. The zips are also designed so the slider will wear out before the teeth: if you ever wear one out, it’s a quick fix. Dual sliders allow doors to be opened easily from either end.
Our guy lines and adjusters are seriously good, versatile and functional, allowing tents to be set up to fit the situation. Simply loop them around a peg or branch and tighten securely, locking off if necessary. The reflective cord is highly visible in the dark, useful for preventing late-night stumbles and in emergency situations. Keep guy lines tidy with our ultra lightweight toggle system.
The Midables’ steep wall architecture gives excellent internal space and mitigates the effects of condensation, making it excellent for sleeping in all conditions. When inside the tent, it’s easy to stand up, get changed or move around, even with others around. Any condensation forms on the inside of the fly, forming water droplets that run down the steep walls and flick off at the base.
The ‘Mid series has amazing ventilation that is able to be adapted to suit all conditions from protected snowlines to open desert plains. In torrential conditions, the steep ventilation ports block sideways rain while allowing air flow. The true innovation comes though the telescopic pole and adjustable peg points which allow you to raise or lower your ‘Mid for the perfect ventilation in every condition. Keep it open and airy in warmer climes, and button it down when it’s getting fresh.
Our optional Bathtub Floor is built from durable 70 D Nylon, creating a footprint that keeps out the wet and muddy while maintaining versatility and storage space. The floor sits neatly under half the tent, allowing ample space for gear storage in the vestibu
DAC J- Stakes are developed from lightweight, strong, moulded aluminium. They’re 160 millimetres long and weigh only 11 grams. With excellent tensile strength, they won’t bend and can be hammered in hard. Their V-shape gives a solid hold in all conditions – soft soil, mud, sand and snow – while simple notches on the top half of the stakes hold your guy lines in place effectively.
WALKING POLE CONVERTER
The ‘Midable series is clever, with the walking pole converter a classic example. It doubles as the pole and peg bag and allows you to save weight by leaving the centre pole behind and using a pair of walking poles (either folding or telescopic) as an easily adjustable centre pole for the tent. By connecting opposing ends of the poles with maximum crossover, structural integrity and minimal flex are ensured. Read our walking pole converter instructions!