- EXACT FIT Mid harness is compact and lightweight, a smaller version of our original EXACT FIT bushwalking harness
- EXACT FIT Mid harness is available in three sizes and one back length, making it comfortable for a huge range of bodies
- Our frames are made from high-grade, hardened aluminium, channelled to increase rigidity and hand-bent in Melbourne
- Diamondloc fabric is lightweight, abrasion- and water-resistant: it can take the bumps and scrapes of everyday walking
- Double-stitched binding for increased seam durability
- Reinforced double-layered base gives increased abrasion resistance and excellent durability
- Single-entry, top-loading system is classic for a reason – it just works
- Front panel has a durable, detachable shock cord: a versatile attachment system
- Non-crack nylon buckles are strong and reliable, chosen for superior durability. They bend rather than break
- We choose larger YKK zips for a lifetime of reliability
- Floating lid is a secure, robust top compartment for easy access to essential items and allows extension for extra space
- Underlid pocket is discreet and accessible, ideal for valuables and must-have items
- Handy clip in the top pocket makes it easy to find your keys
- The double-layered throat has a drawcord and barrel lock for easy compression and secure closure
- Internal compression straps under the lid secure gear and create a natural cavity: an ideal space for broad-brimmed hats
- Built-in whistle in the sternum strap for emergencies
- The ONE PLANET attachment system allows you to easily attach back-country toys and technical gear
- Side pockets at the base of the rucksack body increase versatility, packability and durability by reinforcing high-wear areas
- Side compression straps allow you to compress your bag, keeping the weight close to your body. Side-release buckles allow the easy attachment of technical equipment
- Webbing keepers stop your main compression straps from dangling in the mud
- Large external water bottle pockets are low and within reach, allowing easy access and ergonomic weight distribution
- Internal loop for securing your hydration bladder
- Choose your preferred side for hydration by threading your hose out the button-hole exits in pack throat
- Add an optional hydration bladder insert to keep your bladder protected and secure
- Choose from our range of add-ons to extend your options, increase organisation and personalise your set-up
- Made in Melbourne, along with all our rucksacks
Intended use: alpine, bushwalking, search and rescue
Harness: EXACT FIT Mid
Capacity (L): 55
Weight (kg): 1.4
Access: single access with top-loading entry
Front pocket: no (shock cord)
Side pockets: one on each side at base of pack
Water bottle pockets: two
Hydration compatible: yes (internal loop for bladder and button-hole hose exit on left and right shoulder)
Floating lid: yes (expands capacity)
Lid pockets: two (external and internal)
Key clip: yes (in top pocket)
Emergency whistle: yes (on sternum strap)
Compression straps: two on each side with side-release buckles; single side-release buckle on internal throat
Attachment points: crampons, ice axes, keys, mat, poles, skis, stakes
Add-ons: Hipbelt Pocket, pack inserts, Trash & Treasure
EXACT FIT MID HARNESS
The EXACT FIT Mid is a lightweight harness that offers serious support, with a Goldilocks carrying capability of between 5 and 20 kilograms. It’s available in fits for both males and females across three sizes, with interchangeable hipbelts and shoulder straps allowing a personalised fit. Grippy air mesh improves both ventilation and pack-to-body adherence for enjoyable bushwalking. The EXACT FIT Mid is the harness of choice for overnight trips and lightweight adventures.
A good harness is the foundation of every rucksack: when you load up and head off you’ll agree! Our laminated three-layer foam delivers solid support, plush comfort and a breathable contact area, with protective treatment against bacteria and rot. Our hardened aluminium frames are hand-bent, strong and light for efficiently transferring load to the lumbar pad, with channelling to increase rigidity. The double-back hipbelt contours to your body, providing support and easy fit.
DON'T SWEAT IT
We’ve combined practical understanding of bushwalking and clever design to maximise ventilation and manage moisture. There are three essential contact areas on our harnesses – both shoulders and the lower lumbar – to allow healthy carrying. Air mesh lets air flow through harness foams, while space around the spine increases natural ventilation. The secure fit allows uninhibited movement of non-contact areas, improving harness comfort when walking and scrambling. Don’t sweat it.
When rucksack weight is the priority, we use Diamondloc fabric. Weighing a paltry 170 g/m2, this 210-denier nylon reinforced with a grid of UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene). It has incredible tear resistance and stops puncture rips in their tracks. Diamondloc is finished with a polyurethane coating on the inside and a DWR water-shedding treatment on the outside: making it water resistant. As with all synthetic materials, using a dry bag or stuff sacks is suggested. Diamondloc is perfect for lighter, faster adventures, both on and off track.
The floating lid and double-layered throat are designs born of experience. The lid is attached with straps, allowing extension to give 5-10 litres of extra capacity when needed: for water runs, helping mates or the start of a long multi-day trip. Functionality and comfort combine: cinch the internal compression-strap tight to create room for a broad-brimmed hat. There is also an externally-accessed pocket with key clip and a discrete internal pocket.
ONE PLANET intentionally design rucksacks that are clean, simple and functional. Optional add-ons give you the power to personalise your set-up with features you want. Add a convenient Hipbelt Pocket so what you need is at hand: on the right, left or both. Choose the Trash & Treasure to add versatility: this 4L external pocket attaches easily via sid compression straps. Build the bag that works for you and save when purchasing as a bundle.
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
We’ve got this game stitched up! Quality threads, twin needles, bar tacks for reinforcement and strength. Non-crack nylon buckles that bend rather than break. Durable, chunky YKK zips. The water-resistant webbing used on load-carrying straps means you won’t be given the slip. We consider every detail, creating big differences in use.
WATER BOTTLE POCKETS
Water is critical, and never far from a bushwalkers’ mind. Our generously-cut bottle pockets are low and handy, making water accessible and putting weight close to your back for ergonomic load carrying. Perfect for bottles of all sizes, they also have a drain hole, preventing your pockets becoming buckets when it’s raining cats and dogs.
MADE IN MELBOURNE
We keep it pretty simple. We take what we’ve learnt over the last 40 years and use it to make the best gear we can for antipodean adventures. ONE PLANET is more than a name: it’s a commitment to making products the right way, from fabric to construction. All rucksack design is done and manufacturing happens in our Melbourne factory.