- Dome structure fits in even the smallest camp site while maximising usable space.
- Our tapered rectangular shape saves weight by eliminating obsolete space. (Set up with the foot end pointing into the prevailing wind for improved aerodynamic performance.)
- The generous interior gives enough room to sit up – ideal!
- Two vestibules and two entrances make access easy: there’s a door each.
- Two spacious vestibules easily store large-capacity bushwalking rucksacks, critically important in poor weather.
- DAC poles in a crossover design give an architecturally solid structure to ensure reliability in high winds and rough weather.
- We use DAC technical features to create a secure, reliable hold that’s quick to set up and pack down. (A DAC Ball Cap™ connects the inner and ridge pole, connected to the DAC SQ Ring™ sewn inside the fly.)
- The ridge pole is designed to overhang the bathtub floor, creating a protective alcove to stops drips from rolling off the fly into the tent.
- We choose DAC’s 9.6-millimetre diameter poles because they’re stronger than most while finding the sweet spot that balances weight, durability and strength.
- We’ve eliminated troublesome structural pole hubs to make a fundamentally stronger tent with easy set up and awesome reliability in the field.
- DAC twist-clip component allows quick and easy attachment of inners to poles. The clips are extremely tough and durable thanks to their flat shape and moulded construction, and can be clipped on or off with one hand.
- Fly is available in two materials: lightweight 7 D nylon or more durable 30 D polyester.
- All ONE PLANET flies are seam sealed with tape in the factory so you don’t have to do it. The fabric has a sil/PU coating and a high water head, giving you protection in all conditions.
- The micromesh used in the Mesh inner provides maximum ventilation and protection from creepy crawlies.
- Short nylon walls on the inner give wind protection while lying down and resting up.
- The thick, robust and highly waterproof floor Is coated with polyether urethane (PeU): it doesn’t wet out and is extremely resistant to mould, mildew and hydrolysis.
- The single-piece floor doesn’t have a mid seam, removing a major water access point and improving durability.
- Colour-coded webbing used on the fly and inner encourages quick and efficient set up in any conditions. (The grey webbing on the inner matches the grey webbing at the head of the fly, while the footer is black or gold.)
- Ventilation vents have steep access to allow air flow but not wind-driven rain. They stay open for improved, hassle-free air flow.
- When you roll up the fly door a gutter is formed, naturally catching and channelling rain away from the tent entrance.
- ‘The Doorman’ is a flat loop sewn into the seam, used to hold the inner door open to make a bigger entrance. It’s red so it can be easily spotted, and it’s quick and easy to use, especially in cold conditions.
- Internal loops allow you to hang a clothes line or mesh loft from the ceiling.
- The torch pocket in the ceiling creates a handy, easy-to-access storage area.
- Guy lines and lightweight adjusters are simple and effective, with reflective rope and storage pockets to keep things neat and tidy.
- Fly and inner bagged separately for easy packing in your rucksack or sharing between pals
Intended use: bushwalking
|Minimum weight^||Packaged weight*|
|Goondie 2 Mesh 30 D||1795 g||1940 g|
|Goondie 2 Mesh 7 D||1560 g||1700 g|
^ minimum weight = Fly, Inner, Poles, 4 pegs, all guy ropes
* Packaged weight = All components
Capacity: two people
Nylon 7 D ultralight: factory seam sealed nylon with 1200 mm water head and sil/PU coating
Polyester 30 D: factory seam sealed with 1500 mm water head and sil/PU coating
Wall material: micromesh and 15 D nylon skirt with DWR
Floor material: 70 D PeU-coated nylon with a water head in excess of 20,000+ (ISO 811)
Floor configuration: single piece, tapered rectangular shape
Pitch versatility: yes (fly and inner, inner only)
Footprint available: yes, optional extra (ideal for occasional rocky/rough adventures)
Poles: DAC Featherlite 9.6 mm
Attachments between inner, pole and fly: DAC Twist-Clip, Ball Cap and SQ Ring
Pockets: Four pockets in side walls – two head, two foot, one torch pocket in the ceiling
Mesh loft compatible: yes
Zips: #5 YKK dual slider
Pegs: 10 V style pegs
Collapsed pole length: 480 mm
MIX AND MATCH
The Goondie series is versatile from the ground up, giving you choice in size (1, 2 and 3-person) and material and style. There are two completely compatible options for both fly and inner: the Mesh or Nylon inner can be paired with either the 7 D nylon or 30 D polyester fly.
Separate components are available to either build your collection, or replace components after years of use.
Whether it’s the Mesh inner for the Larapinta Track or the Nylon inner for the alpine region, the ultralight nylon 7 D fly or all rounder polyester 30 D, our combinations will keep you covered. (We also stock Footprints for fast-and-light adventures.)
ONE PLANET® tent flies are designed to shield you from rain and weather.
The nylon 7 D is a dynamic, ultralight material developed for the weight conscious. This seven denier, sil/PU nylon is factory seam-sealed with a 1200 millimetre water head.
Our polyester 30 D is a static material with superior UV resistance and durability (compared to stretchier nylon fly’s). It holds fast under wind and rain with reduced sag, and excels in wilder conditions. It is sil/PU coated with factory seam sealing and a 1500 millimetre water head.
FLOORS BUILT FOR LIFE
The Goondie series has a 70 D Nylon – PeU coated 20,000+ HH floor, which sounds more technical than it is: it’s a solid reliable floor designed for (and tested, reviewed, and loved in) Australian conditions. Our Goondie 1 and 2 are made from a single piece of fabric, eliminating the floor seam removes a common wear point. The robust 70-denier nylon has good abrasion resistance and ample ‘body’ to apply a thick hydrostatic head (water head) in excess of 20,000+ millimetres, independently ISO 811 tested. The Polyether urethane (PeU) waterhead coating is chosen for resistance to mould, mildew and hydrolysis.
We choose the world class DAC NSL Featherlite poles because they are lightweight, tough and reliable – exactly what you want in the field. We select poles with thicker diameters to increase pole reliability, structure and the overall integrity of our tents. DAC are world leaders in aluminium engineering and manufacturing. The NSL Featherlight poles use technical and seamless extrusion techniques to provide an exceptional and uniform microstructure, which translates to an ideal strength-to-weight ratio. Finished with environmentally friendly anodising processes.
The ONE PLANET® tent range uses the cross-pole system for its unparalleled strength-to-weight, and ease of use. The three poles cross at the peak for even weight distribution, providing excellent rigidity whilst preserving internal height. The freestanding design is no slouch: the inner and fly are held taut and separate, a must in wind and rain! The structure is simple, eliminating structural hubs for maximum strength and aerodynamic shaping, giving you confidence in powerful, gusty winds.
TAPERED RECTANGULAR ADVANTAGE
The tapered rectangular floor plan reduces weight, maximises usable internal space and provides protection when accessing the tent. When setting up the tent, the narrower foot end (black webbing) should face the prevailing wind, giving your pitch greater aerodynamic stability. Thanks to careful consideration of the door location and tent shape, the vestibule will then give protection from uncomfortable weather as you get in and out of the tent.
Our doorman is seriously hand and polite. A flat loop sewn into the seam (both inside and out) to hold your inner door open, giving you wider access to the tent. It’s quick and easy to use and works well in cold conditions (and gloves hands) – no more fiddling around with toggles!! It’s easily spotted in well-dressed red, located on the inside and outside of the inner at each door.
ATTENTION TO ZIPS
We use a #5 YKK zip’s on the fly and inner doors because they’re durable and long lasting. Zips of this size are less likely to get clogged with dirt, catch and snag. The zips are also cleverly designed so the slider will wear out before the teeth: if you ever wear one out, it’s a quick fix. Dual sliders allow doors to be opened easily from either side, and closed tightly at night or during the mosquito hour. We use lighter #3 on the window of our Nylon inners.
Managing tent condensation requires good design, where details add up to big differences in performance. Our vents are shaped to prevent the entrance of wind-driven rain. The stiffeners keep the vents open in wind, but can be easily rolled during pack down. The vent hood overlaps the mesh underneath to prevent drips and block bugs, importantly generous spacing between the fly and the inner allows constant air flow (from the base up and out, like a chimney) to minimise moisture build-up.
Our guy lines and adjusters are seriously good, versatile and functional, allowing tents to be set up to fit the situation. Simply loop them around a peg or branch and tighten securely, locking off if necessary. The reflective cord is highly visible in the dark, useful for preventing late-night stumbles and in emergency situations. Guy lines slip neatly into their pockets when not in use or packing up: another example of attention to detail, simplified.
SERVICING & REPAIRS
We know you will take your tent on all sorts of adventures. Our commitment to good gear extends to support and service. Whether it’s washing, cleaning, general repairs, patches, new poles or something else, we’ll look after you.