- The Hitchhiker 22 is designed with a shorter back length
- The ONE PLANET daypack harness has a dual-density foam backing that gives structure, protects from protrusions and makes contact areas feel soft and plush
- Diamondloc fabric is lightweight, abrasion- and water- resistant: it can take the bumps and scrapes of everyday walking
- Double-stitched binding for increased seam durability
- Long zip on main opening gives easy access to your gear
- Front pocket made from four-way stretch Cordura® is perfect for stashing on-the-go gear or a water bottle
- Zipped top pocket is 17 cm by 16 cm, so it fits in a lot
- Waterproof zip on top pocket keeps the rain out and your gear dry
- Handy clip in the top pocket makes it easy to find your keys
- Add-on inserts allow you to customise your internal setup and organisation
- Bike-light loop helps you be seen and stay safe
- Built-in whistle in the sternum strap for emergencies
- Hipbelt webbing option brings your daypack close to your body, reducing sway
- We choose larger, more durable zips for increased reliability
- The Hitchhiker is the ideal travel companion, attaching to the front of our travel bags with the daypack front clip
- All ONE PLANET rucksacks are made in Melbourne
Intended use: daypack
Harness: daypack – short back
Capacity (L): 22
Weight (kg): 0.64
Access: single zipped entry
Pockets: yes (1 front zippered, 1 internal (built in), 1 internal (removable), 1 front stretch-mesh)
Hydration compatible: yes (via add-on pack inserts; hose feeds out through zip)
Key clip: yes (in front pocket)
Emergency whistle: yes (on sternum strap)
Add-on: pack inserts
Our daypack harness is designed for durability and comfort and will become a friend for life, giving years of hard daily wear. It’s made in Melbourne and built to cope with four seasons in one day. Multiple layers of foam combine for comfort, water resistance and breathability.
Our daypack harness is a reliable, quiet achiever. The shoulder straps and back panel are built using composite foam and a stiff polypropylene sheet for structure. The denser foam supports the load and protects from protrusions, while the plush middle layer gives comfort, all covered with breathable face fabric. All three layers are treated to prevent bacteria and rot, with bound edges for a long-lasting, wrinkle-free finish.
When rucksack weight is the priority, we use Diamondloc fabric. Weighing a paltry 170 g/m2, this 210-denier nylon is reinforced with a grid of UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene). It has incredible tear resistance and stops puncture rips in their tracks. Diamondloc is finished with a polyurethane coating on the inside and a DWR water-shedding treatment on the outside, making it water resistant. As with all synthetic materials, using a dry bag during heavy rain is recommended.
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
We’ve got this game stitched up! Quality threads, twin needles, bar tacks for reinforcement and strength. Non-crack nylon buckles that bend rather than break. Durable, chunky YKK zips. The water-resistant webbing used on load-carrying straps means you won’t be given the slip. We consider every detail, creating big differences in use.
ONE PLANET rucksacks are intentionally designed to be clean in style. Optional add-ons give you the power to personalise your set-up with features you want. You can update your internal organisation with padded inserts for laptops or tablets to protect your tech when on-the-go around town or travelling, or add an internal pocket with a basic zip insert. Build the bag that works for you.
MADE IN MELBOURNE
We keep it pretty simple. We take what we’ve learnt over the last 40 years and use it to make the best gear we can for antipodean adventures. ONE PLANET is more than a name: it’s a commitment to making products the right way, from fabric to construction. All rucksack design is done and manufacturing happens in our Melbourne factory.