- The EXACT FIT Mid Lite harness is compact, practical and lightweight
- Our frames are made from high-grade, hardened aluminium, channelled to increase rigidity and hand-bent in Melbourne
- Diamondloc fabric is lightweight, abrasion- and water-resistant: it can take the bumps and scrapes of everyday walking
- The roll-top style allows you to fill up and pack down the Hot Sauce to fit a wide variety of equipment and scenarios. (Note: the 50 L capacity is calculated when the pack is filled just above the top frames)
- Double-stitched binding for increased seam durability
- Reinforced double-layered base increases abrasion resistance, providing excellent durability
- The Hot Sauce features removable front compression straps and shock cord to save weight
- Front panel includes durable, detachable shock cord: a versatile attachment system
- A pocket below the shock cord can be used for walking poles or peg feet
- Non-crack nylon buckles are strong and reliable, chosen for superior durability. They bend rather than break
- We choose larger YKK zips for a lifetime of reliability
- Handy clip in the top pocket makes it easy to find your keys
- Built-in whistle in the sternum strap for emergencies
- Webbing keepers stop your main compression straps from dangling in the mud
- Large external water bottle pockets are low and within reach, allowing easy access and ergonomic weight distribution
- Internal loop for securing your hydration bladder: thread your hydration hose out the button-hole exit in the pack throat
- Choose from our range of add-ons to extend your options, increase organisation and personalise your set-up
- Made in Melbourne, along with all our rucksacks
Intended use: bushwalking, day walking, ultralight
Harness: EXACT FIT Mid Lite
Capacity: 50 L
Weight: 1.2 kg
Access: roll-top entry
Pockets: 1 x zipped front, 1 x shock cord & walking pole pocket, 1x internal (+ 20 g)
Water bottle pockets: two
Hydration compatible: yes (internal loop for bladder and button-hole hose exit near right shoulder)
Lid pockets: two (external and internal)
Key clip: yes, in top front pocket
Emergency whistle: yes, on sternum strap
Attachment points: keys, mat, poles, stakes
Add-ons: Hipbelt Pocket, insert compatible
EXACT FIT MID LITE
The EXACT FIT Mid Lite is a lightweight harness that still gives plenty of comfort and support. Designed for our travel packs, it uses a lighter, single-pull hipbelt that folds neatly under the protective harness cover. Grippy air mesh improves both ventilation and pack-to-body adherence for enjoyable travelling. Available in three sizes, with options in hipbelt- and shoulder-strap sizing, the simple hook-and-loop adjustments give a personalised fit.
A good harness is the foundation of every rucksack: when you load up and head off you’ll agree! Our laminated three-layer foam delivers solid support, plush comfort and a breathable contact area, with protective treatment against bacteria and rot. Our hardened aluminium frames are hand-bent, strong and light for efficiently transferring load to the lumbar pad, with channelling to increase rigidity. The hipbelt gives you serious support whilst remaining light and agile.
DON'T SWEAT IT
We’ve combined practical understanding of bushwalking and clever design to maximise ventilation and manage moisture. There are three essential contact areas on our harnesses – both shoulders and the lower lumbar – to allow healthy carrying. Air mesh lets air flow through harness foams, while space around the spine increases natural ventilation. The secure fit allows uninhibited movement of non-contact areas, improving harness comfort when walking and scrambling. Don’t sweat it.
When rucksack weight is the priority, we use Diamondloc fabric. Weighing a paltry 170 g/m2, this 210-denier nylon is reinforced with a grid of UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene). It has incredible tear resistance and stops puncture rips in their tracks. Diamondloc is finished with a polyurethane coating on the inside and a DWR water-shedding treatment on the outside that make it water resistant. (As with all synthetic materials, the use of dry bags or stuff sacks is suggested.) Diamondloc is perfect for lighter, faster adventures, both on and off track.
ONE PLANET intentionally design rucksacks that are clean, simple and functional. Optional add-ons give you the power to personalise your set-up with features you want. Add a convenient Hipbelt Pocket so what you want is in easy reach: glasses, scroggin, sunscreen or a PLB. You can even choose where – right, left or both. Build the bag that works for you.
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS
We’ve got this game stitched up! Quality threads, twin needles, bar tacks for reinforcement and strength. Non-crack nylon buckles that bend rather than break. Durable, chunky YKK zips. The water-resistant webbing used on load-carrying straps means you won’t be given the slip. We consider every detail, creating big differences in use.
WATER BOTTLE POCKETS
Water is critical, and never far from a bushwalkers’ mind. Our generously-cut bottle pockets are low and handy, making water accessible and putting weight close to your back for ergonomic load carrying. Perfect for bottles of all sizes, they also have a drain hole, preventing your pockets becoming buckets when it’s raining cats and dogs.
MADE IN MELBOURNE
We keep it pretty simple. We take what we’ve learnt over the last 40 years and use it to make the best gear we can for antipodean adventures. ONE PLANET is more than a name: it’s a commitment to making products the right way, from fabric to construction. All rucksack design and manufacturing happen in our Melbourne factory.
ROLL & TRIM
Roll and trim your pack to fit: your day, your week, your month, or even your year! Pack it to the brim at the start of your journey, then roll it down as you go for a compact carry. On market days, leave the top open and keep filling! The closure works like a dry bag: roll down the top and clip the buckles together. Can be ‘trimmed’ by removing compression straps and shock cord.