ONE PLANET Careers
ONE PLANET® is a leader in outdoor adventure equipment. We design, manufacture, distribute and service outdoor equipment in Sunshine West, Melbourne. We retail at 1/377 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, and online.
We are proud of our welcoming, inclusive working conditions and celebrate the diversity of our staff. We happily provide on-the-job training for enthusiastic new people.
We’re an Australian owned business, with top-down passion for a good work/life balance, cleverly designed products, local manufacturing and fantastic customer service. We’re looking for friendly individuals to join our local team in the following roles:
No agencies please.
We are looking to employ sewing machinists in our Melbourne factory where we make outdoor equipment including backpacks, rainwear, duffle bags and more. It’s a role best suited to someone with sewing skills and an interest in textile making or outdoor equipment.
Casual and permanent positions are available.
Note: we are always looking for machinists, so please apply and we can keep your resume on file for upcoming opportunities
We prefer industrial sewing machine experience but will happily provide on-the-job training for the right person. For us, the right person is enthusiastic, has domestic sewing experience and is looking for long-term employment.
Main duties: we manufacture a range of products. You may be involved in one or more of the following:
- Sewing bags and shelters (backpacks, duffles and tarps)
- Sewing apparel (rainwear, gaiters)
- Seam sealing (tarps and rainwear)
- Sewing, filling and finishing sleeping bags
Skills & experience:
- Industrial sewing experience – minimum of one year
- OR be a passionate domestic user of sewing machines with an interest in making your own outdoor gear or clothing
- Good communication skills
- Able to read and write English
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Applicants must have full and ongoing working rights within Australia
Hours: full-time (Monday to Friday) and casual positions available
Location: 650 Somerville Rd, Sunshine West
Award: Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2020
To apply: please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Our Hiring Process
Please apply! Our team reviews all enquiries, and if your application stands out, we’ll contact you to arrange an interview and tour. We like to do things face-to-face, person-to-person. That way we can all ask questions, learn, and discover if we’re the right fit for each other.