ONE PLANET® outdoor education tents are tough, practical, and liveable the workhorse (or work tents) of our range. Favourites with outdoor professionals.
The Vagabond 2 is designed for use by teacher or programs where a lighter, yet tough tent is prioritised.
Maintaining classic ONE PLANET® design for ease of use, and reliable performance. With exceptional construction quality and high-end material choices giving unparalleled durability and longevity.’ Incorporating practical features like symmetrical shaping, colour coding and internal storage.
Excellent ventilation, wide entrances, big vestibules, and quality zips. They Vagabond 2 will accompany a many successful outdoor trips.
- Spacious inner easily fits two adults, with enough room to sit up, move about and relax in bad weather.
- Full nylon inner is warm, cosy and naturally manages condensation – well suited to all-season use
- Symmetrical, rectangle design allows poles and fly to attach to inner at either end for fast and intuitive set-up.
- Two vestibules and two entrances make access easy: there’s a door each. There is space to easily store large-capacity bushwalking rucksacks.
- Pressfit 9.5mm poles in a crossover design give an architecturally solid structure to ensure reliability in high winds and rough weather. (Troublesome structural pole hubs have been eliminated, creating to make a fundamentally stronger tent with easy set up)
- DAC twist-clip component allows quick and easy attachment of inners to poles without fiddly pole sleeves. The clips are extremely tough and durable thanks to their flat shape and moulded construction, and can be clipped on or off with one hand.
- The walls are made from nylon with a light DWR treatment. This makes the tents durable and gives in-built condensation management to ensure young people stay warm and dry.
- Add our Mesh loft to increase internal storage!
- The static polyester fly has exceptional UV resistance and longevity, perfect for an all–season shelter.
- All ONE PLANET flies are seam sealed with tape in the factory so you don’t have to do it. The fabric has a PU coating and a high water head, giving you protection in all conditions.
- Micromesh windows on both doors provide cross ventilation and allow you to manage the internal temperature efficiently.
- Durable and highly waterproof 70 D floor ensures longevity in antipodean conditions.
- The polyether urethane coating (PeU) used is ideal for rugged tent floors: it doesn’t wet out and is extremely resistant to mould, mildew and hydrolysis.
- Duel top ventilation vents allow lots of air movement, staying open for improved, hassle-free air flow.
- When you roll up the fly door a gutter is formed, naturally catching and channelling rain away from the tent entrance.
- Guy lines and lightweight adjusters are simple and effective, with reflective rope and storage pockets to keep things neat and tidy.
Intended use: outdoor education (teachers), bushwalking, camping,
Weight: 2410g (2265 g minimum)
Capacity: 2 people
Fly material: 70 D polyester, factory seam sealed with 1500 mm water head and PU coating
Wall material: 68 D breathable nylon with DWR
Floor material: 70 D PeU-coated polyester coated with a waterhead in excess of 20,000 mm (ISO 811).
Floor configuration: rectangle
Poles: Pressfit 9.5 mm
Colour coding: red
Zips: tougher YKK #8 on the fly, and lighter #5 on the inner door and #5 on the window
Pole/Inner attachment: Twist clip
Pockets: Two pockets in side walls
Mesh loft compatible: yes
Guy lines: 4 x 2 mm reflective guy lines with reflective tab, with ONE PLANET® adjuster and storage pockets
Pegs: 8 x hardened alloy hook style
Stuff sack dimensions: 520 mm x 150 mma
Our Outdoor Education tents are named after the colour of their awesome fly material. This 68-denier polyester fabric has PU coating, a 1500 mm water head, and is seam sealed in the factory. We use this material for its superior UV resistance and longevity. The Vagabond 2 features a lower cut fly at the foot and head end, to better protect from wind driven rain, keeping you safe and dry.
The bathtub floors on Vagabond tents use 70-denier, PeU-coated polyester with waterhead in excess of 20,000-millimetre (ISO 811). A touch lighter than the Wurley Series, using the same tough coatings. The thick Polyether Urethane (PeU) coating is ideal for rugged tent floors as it doesn’t wet out and is resistant to mould, mildew and hydrolysis. Designed for Australian conditions, they’re ready to use in the outback, bush and alps, the varied environments we love to explore.
RECTANGULAR & SPACIOUS
Rectangular: honest and fair. The symmetrical designs aid easy (and fast!) pitching as the flies can be put on in any direction. Designed with students in mind, our Blue Series have big vestibules (for pack storage and easy entrance/exit) and spacious squared interiors (to fit any sleeping mat). Combined they improve comfort and freedom in journey-based programs. A home away from home.
We choose oversized #10 YKK zips because they’re durable and long lasting. These zips are extremely durable, with each zip tooth reliably thick – the zip is less likely to get clogged with dirt, catch or snag. We use straight zips to reduce wear and to allow the easy replacement of sliders (they’re designed to wear out before the teeth). Dual sliders on doors allow easy opening from either side.
HARDENED ALLOY PEGS
ONE PLANET© tent pegs look classic, but simple genius is hard to come by. The hardened alloy construction gives these 16 centimetre beauties incredible tensile strength while keeping them lightweight. The curved hook is soft in your hand so you can push them in easily without hurting your palm. They hold securely overnight and are easy to spot – they’re anodised bright red – and are easy to pull out the next morning.
OUTDOOR EDUCATION DESIGN
We developed our Blue Series of Outdoor Education tents to be simple and intuitive to pitch, strong in all conditions and tough enough to endure teenage use. They’ve become the workhorses (or work tents) of the industry. Colour coding on the poles, inners, flies and bags keeps organisation easy, while componentry that is backwards compatible ensures spares are always available. The range is true to its design philosophy and is still built from the best available materials.
SERVICING YOUR SLEEPING BAG
We know that when you look after your sleeping bag, it will reward you with years of comfort and performance. At our factory in Melbourne we service your gear through repairs, professional washing, DWR reapplication, and more.. visit our servicing and repairs page.